Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Lessons From Our Hardships



As we begin the New Year a lot of us will want to forget all of the difficulties from the previous year and only take the good memories with us into the new year.  Even when we are going through the hardships we tend to beg God to rid us of all the difficulties.  But just as we embrace the good times we must learn to embrace the hard times as well.  There's a lesson in everything we go through, even in the difficulties.  God clearly states to us that His power is made perfect in weakness.  A lot of people see the hardships we go through as weaknesses in our lives, but in those hardships we witness the perfect power of God.  Embrace those hardships because God will use that weakness and turn it into strength.  You don't have to take the hardships from the past into the new year but take with you the lesson from it.  One lesson learned is that you can hold on in your difficult times because if God did it before, He will do it again.  So through those difficulties, hardships, insults and persecutions, learn that whatever you need  God will provide.  Learn that God's grace is sufficient.  Learn that in our weaknesses God provides us with His strength.  God uses our weaknesses to strengthen us all.  So keep on fighting and know that you are not weak because with God you have strength like no other, power to overcome everything, and the ability to learn a lesson that will help you face hardships and difficulties in the future with grace and poise. 


or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
~2 Corinthians 12:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment