Saturday, January 5, 2013

Good Bye 2012, Hello 2013

2012 was definitely a year filled with ups and downs and though it seems like I had more downs than ups, the magnitude of the ups definitely outweighs the pits of my downs.  This year marked the five year anniversary of the passing of my mother, and we all know that I'm not a very emotional person but boy did this effect me.

This year marked some major points in my life.  I realized that in more ways than one I was living my life for others and not the two most important people, God and myself.  I found myself this year and I came to the realization of the path I want to take in my life (and no it has absolutely nothing to do with science LOL).  I guess I can throw that BS in Biology out of the window *sigh*.

But while I was finding myself this year and struggling to deal with the pits in my life, I have come to the conclusion that this year will go down in the books as a great year with excellent experiences.  In 2012, I had the opportunity to work with a female promotion team, if that's what you want to call it, for Blazin' 92.3, which in return set me up with an events assistant position with ROYCEvents and oh boy has it been interesting.  I also began my own ministry at Greater Bellevue Baptist Church.  God has blessed and showed me the path He wants me to take in life, the least I can do is spread His word and goodness using the talents he has blessed me with.  

2012 granted me the opportunity to meet many great people.  I have had the opportunity to meet Yandy of Love & Hip Hop, Tank, Michael Jai White (Marcus from Why Did I get Married?), Anthony Allen of the Baltimore Ravens, the great Shirley Caesar, Dottie Peoples, members of the SOS Band, the young heartthrob Jacob Latimore, the OMG Girlz, Nappy Roots and others.  I also can't forget about the great talents of Middle Georgia that I've had the opportunity to work with.  Michael Martin 1st Impressions Photography, Focal Blu, Moye Photography, Calon Photography, Gentleman George of Blazin' 92.3, Jeremy Hill of JD Entertainment, Sheddrick Clark of 9-Ent, Xavier Peoples of Certified Entertainment, The Guru, can't forget about my loves LA Entertainment, BFAM Kings, and NXT Level.  AND of course the great Royce of ROYCEvents.  

This year I cried, this year I laughed, this year I smiled, this year I found my drive.  In return I have been a guest DJ on Blazin' 92.3, I've hung with celebrities, I've assisted in hosting events, I've been on stage during a packed concert, I've been invited to private screenings of movie premieres, I've green room mixed it.  I dated this year and had my heart broken (all in the same year *sigh).  My best friend left me behind and moved to California.  I moved completely on my own (scary).  And I've made new friends, rekindled old friendships, and lost some friends *shrugs.  But I've done it all in stride and like one of my wise followers on twitter (follow your girl on twitter @miss_lott) said it's all fate.  

I know that 2012 was the stepping stone for what's to come in 2013 and all I have to say is..

Good Bye 2012 and Hello 2013

Smooches




No comments:

Post a Comment