Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Daily Scripture: Don't Look Back


It's the past for a reason.  We get so caught up in what happened, what somebody did to us, and a hold bunch of what ifs.  We cannot let our past hold us hostage.  Stop looking back, looking at what's behind you because you will miss out on the blessings before you if you're constantly looking back.  If you continuously look out of the rearview mirror instead of focusing on the road ahead you can up missing your turn or crashing.  Look forward and press toward what God has ahead for you.  When we move forward and stop looking behind us we will gain a prize that only God can supply.  Leave the past in the past and stay focused on what's to come before you.  Although right now we may not have all that god has promised to you, but keep looking forward towards the prize, thank Him along the way for what He's going to do, and don't look back!!!

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press ontoward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 3:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment