Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Daily Scripture: Rest in God



We go through so much in life, sickness, heartbreak, betrayal, hardships and so on and so on, that we feel like the weight of the world is on our shoulders.  We even look for somewhere to turn but often feel like we have nowhere or no one to turn to. And as we continue to search for somebody to turn to the burdens on our shoulders seem to get a lot heavier and we become more worried.  Some days it seems like we receive more bad news than good and that the burdens are never ending.  But there is someone that we can turn to and that person is Jesus.  In Jesus we will find love, we will find joy, we will find peace, we will find comfort, and we will find rest.  God simply says come to me and I will provide everything you need, even that rest that you’ve longing for.  Everything that you are going through go to God and let Him take care of it and He will allow you to rest while He fixes it all.  So many nights we sleep but don’t rest because of everything bogging us down.  But the only way for us to finally rest is we must come to God and He will not only give us physical rest but also rest for our soul.


27 “All things have been committed to meby my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
~Matthew 11:27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment