Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Daily Scripture: Pray First



As humans we are quick jump into a situation or into doing something without thinking it through first.  Or we will “think” about it and think that we have all the answers.  This is especially true when it comes to matters of the heart.  When somebody wrong us or say something out of the way we are quick to act and respond to their actions without thinking things through.  But there is something that we can learn from Nehemiah, before he did anything, answered or left to attempt to take care of the problem, he prayed unto God first.  Even when the king asked Nehemiah what it is that Nehemiah wanted, he prayed to God for the answer to the question.  We must all learn to go before the throne of Christ in prayer FIRST, because our lives are about His will and what He wants for us.  Before you respond to that message you received from the enemy with evil intent, pray about it.  Before you act in response to your emotions, pray about it.  Before you attempt to get yourself out of that hardship with what you think is the answer, pray about it.  Before you jump into another relationship or even friendship, pray about it.  Our answers are never valid if it is not the answer from God.  Remember in everything, PRAY FIRST AND ACT SECOND!!!

so the king asked me, “Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart.”
I was very much afraid, but I said to the king, “May the king live forever! Why should my face not look sad when the city where my ancestors are buried lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire?
The king said to me, “What is it you want?”
Then I prayed to the God of heaven, and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.”
~Nehemiah 2:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment